Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Sweets: Better Brownie Mix

I was looking through the pantry when I came across these cheap brownie mixes. They're pretty terrible (sorry Betty), but they did only cost $0.50, so I bought them. I decided to see if I could amp up these brownies and make them palatable with only stuff I had around the house. The pudding mix makes the brownies thick and chewy, but the edges still have a nice crispness to them!
Ingredients:
1 cheap brownie mix + whatever ingredients they say you need
1 package sugar free pudding mix
chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts or whatever else you have in the cupboard.
Step 1: Pour the brownie mix and the pudding mix in a mixer. Add the ingredients that the mix says you need. I used sugar free pudding because I had it on hand, but you could use regular, but you'd need to add some more liquid ingredients since it has quite a bit more powder.

Step 2: Add goodies from your cupboard. I used 1/4 C chocolate chips, 1/4 C white chocolate chips, and 1/2 C mini marshmallows.

Step 3: Bake according to the box. Since we messed with the recipe, make sure you check on them periodically and test with a toothpick.

1 comment:

  1. I always use coffee instead of water in my brownie mix...it brings out the chocolate, better! Love your recipes, especially the healthy baby ones! Take Care

    ReplyDelete