Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nifty Thrifts

This week our neighborhood had a few garage sales, so I decided to take Ada and go check it out. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I ended up finding a bunch of great stuff for less than $15!

So we've been looking for new pjs for Ada since she's busting out of hers. We looked everywhere for some cute cheap ones, Walmart, Target, Meijer, the mall, etc and they were all $9 or more, ridiculous. Here we picked up 5 pjs, 1 turtleneck, 1 swimsuit, 3 dresses, 1 hoodie, 4 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of shoes for only $7!
 We also found a Mr. Potato Head, a phone and 8 books (yes, that's a 1970's pop-up gnome book, it's creepy and awesome) for $4. One of our neighbors works for a dentist and had all of these free samples, so I picked up one of the first teeth toothbrushes since from some reason they don't sell them at Walmart.
 This mirror is in excellent shape and was only $3. We're finally getting around to decorating our master bedroom (after having lived here for two years) and I think this might find a place there, or maybe near the front door since it has a handy little tray thingy. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment