Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Sweets: The Best Chocolate Chip Recipe You'll Ever Try

Warning: These cookies are like crack: you will always crave them and a little bit is never enough. If you have a problem with delicious chocolate, turn back now!

This is the only chocolate chip recipe my family uses. Everyone who tries them asks for the recipe. We got the recipe from this lady at my parent's church, Evelyn Jensen, whom Brian and I are seriously considering naming our second daughter after. We don't actually know her, but these cookies are just that good.
Ingredients:
1 C butter flavored crisco
1 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 package milk chocolate chips

Step 1: Cream the first 5 ingredients.

Step 2: Add the flour, salt and baking soda. When well mixed, add the chocolate chips.

Step 3: Place dough balls on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes.

Note: If your cookies are looking a little flat and weird add more flour. For some reason (probably altitude) I have to use 1/2 cup extra when I make these in IN as opposed to when I make them in CO.

No comments:

Post a Comment