Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Swedish Pancakes

These quick and easy Swedish pancakes are a staple from my childhood (yes, I'm part Swedish, so there). Thanks mom for always making these for us!
Ingredients:
2 T butter
1 C milk
2 eggs
1/4 t salt
1/2 C flour
1 T baking powder

Step 1: Blend all ingredients well.

Step 2: Pour about 1/3 C of batter into a hot, greased skillet. Tilt the skillet around so that the entire bottom gets covered with a nice circle of batter. Flip when the one side is golden brown. Your first one will probably get all mangled, but once you do a couple you'll get the hang of it!
Step 3: Serve rolled up with butter and syrup and fruit if you like. Or if you're a fat kid at heart, do what I did when I was little: Spread butter all over one side of the pancake, then sprinkle it with sugar, then drizzle with syrup. Roll it up and pour on more syrup! I liked the way the sugar added a little crunchiness to it...yeah it sounds gross to me now too, but I swear, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment