Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fun Summer Skirt

I always seem to forget how much fun it is to make stuff for myself. This cute summery skirt was quick and fun to make, plus I think it looks pretty good! I got this pattern awhile ago when they were on sale at Joann's for $1 and I picked up this great fabric from the red tag section for $2 a yard.
 Front View
 Side View
There were a couple things that I didn't like about the pattern though, I used the sizing guide on the back based on my measurements and not on my size, and the skirt turned out way too big. You can see on the pattern it's supposed to sit high on the waist, and instead mine sits way low on my hips. It turned out ok though, I think it still looks cute, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Another thing that was frustrating to me was the fact that this pattern couldn't stop talking about how easy it was and how well laid out the steps were, but I have to say that this was not entirely true. Parts of the directions were very unclear and poorly described. But overall a super cute pattern, I'm definitely happy with my new skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment