Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cake Pie Magic

I'm really at a loss for what to call this dessert, but magic in the title was a given. It is so good, and so unlike anything I've ever eaten before. It's cakey and fruity and amazing. I love that it only has 3 ingredients, but is still so versatile. I made mine with french vanilla cake mix and blueberry pie filling, but you could do chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling, or I really want to try spice cake mix and apple pie filling. I'm actually salivating right now... It's very sweet and rich, if you couldn't tell from the ingredients. I got this recipe from my Amish Acres cook book.
Ingredients:
1 box cake mix
1 stick of butter
1 can fruit pie filling (21 oz)

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350. Melt your stick of butter and mix with the cake mix until it's all crumbly.

Step 2: Take a pie plate or a 9x9 pan and spread the fruit pie filling over the bottom. Top with the crumbly cake and butter mixture.

Step 3: Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment