Monday, September 17, 2012

Gross End Table to Adorable Toy Box for Stuffed Animals

I am super excited about this before and after.  It was easy, and I've seen these end tables everywhere, so you can make one too!
We picked up this horridly outdated end table at a garage sale for $5, and decided to turn it into something adorable.
We removed the door (but saved it for later just in case), took off the handles and the weird raised panel you see there on the left. Brian and I pried them off with a flat screwdriver and then scraped off the glue residue that was left over. I then gave it a heavy coat of primer and then two coats of high gloss yellow! I love how it turned out!
It makes great storage for stuffed animals because they stay put out of the way, but they're easy for Ada to get to when she wants them. This is one of my favorite projects I've done in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment