Monday, March 5, 2012

Moses Basket Revamp

I spruced up this old moses basket for Ada, and am just getting around to putting it up now. She's much too big for it now (she's almost 6 months now), but it was perfect for those first couple months when she was sleeping in our room. We wanted a cute little basket, but they were really hard to find and the ones that I was able to find were in specialty shops and cost anywhere from $100-$300. Ridiculous. This basket is actually the one that my mom used for all my siblings and I, so I got it for free. I recovered the bumper with some new fabric and ribbons and made a new sheet for the mattress. Overall, I think I spent about $15.

Before
After

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Beautiful job! I wanted a Moses basket when my Little Man was a newborn, but I wasn't going to spend that kind of money, either. He slept in the pack-n-play napper for the longest time instead. (My Little Man is 9 months old now.)

    I just encountered your blog this evening, and I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete