Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hideous Fabric!

A couple months ago my mom was kind enough to send me her scrap fabric. She no longer wanted it and I said "I love free stuff," so she sent it to me. The other day my husband and I actually went though it to clean and organize my sewing room, and to our delight there were some fabulously heinous finds. I would like to note that my mother does not have terrible taste, she got all the fabric for free from some crazy old lady who hoarded fabric.
 
Here we see a popular offender: the floral fabrics. There were probably about 15 more of these beauties that didn't make it into the picture.

Ah, one of my personal favorites, the foul fowl fabrics. There was also this great pheasant print, but I actually used it as a hidden layer in this blanket I'm in the process of making.

These fabrics gross me out the most for some reason, the unfortunate accessories fabrics. I love the corresponding bonnet and fan fabrics on the left.

The final set of fabrics fall into the eye-jarring category. These fabrics are much worse in real life and several have glitter that don't show up in the picture.
Here's a close up of Brian's personal favorite. We're pretty sure it's straight out of Will Smith's wardrobe from The Fresh Prince. If only there were enough of it to make a sweet pair of parachute pants.

 Does anybody know what this is supposed to be? Brian actually figured it out, but it took him a good long while before he could. Personally, I think this is one of the weirdest fabrics, but that's just me.

2 comments:

  1. Are those supposed to be croissants?? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes actually they are, good eye! I thought they were pumpkins...

      Delete