Monday, July 25, 2011

44 Days to Go

I have only 44 more days until baby Ada is supposed to make her appearance. I've been one of those very lucky women and so far my pregnancy has been extremely easy; no morning sickness, minimal aches and pains, and not very many of the creepy other side effects that only your sister will tell you about. As September 7th grows ever closer, I can't help but feel a little nervous, but mostly I'm just anxious for her to get here. We just found out a few days ago that we're having a girl, so this past week we (my mom and sister Aubry came to visit) had a lot of fun finishing up the nursery, buying cute girly clothes, and making these adorable onesie dresses. We made three different types of onesie dresses, I found two of the tutorials on http://blogs.babble.com/family-style/2011/07/06/make-for-baby-25-free-dress-tutorials-for-babies-toddlers/ and the other my mom kind of made up as we went. I'll put up a tutorial for the Easy Jersey Onesie Dress (yeah I just made up that name on the spot, what) another day. The two on the bottom are the 10 Minute Onesies, the one in the upper right is the Bubble Ruffle Dress, and the one in the upper left is the Easy Jersey. They are so fun and easy to make, I think everyone should try one because they are super cheap and easy and would make great gifts if you don't have a little girl of your own to play dress up with.


The nursery is my favorite part so far. My husband, Brian, and I had a deal that if the baby was a girl then I would get to decorate the room and if it was a boy, then he would get to choose how to adorn the room. He's a little crushed now that he won't be able to have an entire room in our home devoted to superheros, but that's life! I however am a little relieved since the color chips he picked out had ridiculous names like "Cosmic Blue," "Spandex Red," and "Shimmering Golden Starshine." Ok I'm embellising a little, but you get the basic idea. So back to my nursery design. I had a very difficult time picking out a "theme" for the nursery. I'm a very indecisive person in general, so committing to a theme was extremely difficult for me. I would walk around the baby stores and think "Well, I like dinosaurs, but do I want to look at them everyday? I dunno. Hmm, flowers and butterflies and nice and girly, but I'm just not sure. Oh look, something else generic and baby-esc that I don't really like or dislike." and so on. I wanted the room to be cute, creative, and unique but not overdone, so instead of doing the nursery in the bag, I found this adorable print for sale here http://designdazzle.com/category_171/Art.htm (which was up about a week ago, but now I can't find it on the site, but I swear it was) and painted it as sort of a wall mural. I'm really pleased with how the trees turned out, and once the trees were done, the rest of the room just kind of fell together.


  First post complete! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment